Our dear community members,
It has been a long time since we last got together in our beloved Makom Torah and Tefilah, at Westwood bet Knesset. We have surely missed each other, and we certainly have missed the Torah reading, Tefilah B’tzibur, Kaddish and Kedusha.
Baruch Hashem, the authorities have deemed it safe for the Batei Knesset to reopen, and we have started to feel that we can finally go back to a semi normal life. In our community we have been practicing a more strict guideline of waiting two extra weeks, to ensure the safety end well being of our community.
We are very excited to be able to start having our Shabbat minyanim, under the guidelines mentioned below. It is very important to note that the danger is not over yet, and we have to take all precautions in order to prevent the spread of this virus.
These are some conditions and recommendations for restarting the Minyan, in order to ensure our safety and the safety of other community members.
The Tosafot write (תוספות בבא קמא דף כג עמוד א ד”ה וליחייב בעל הגחלת) that one is obligated to concern himself not to damage others, even more than his concern about his own security, not to be damaged!
Please read this carefully, and confirm if we would have the honor of your presence
NOTE: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT SENDING A MESSAGE/REGISTERING ALONE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GUARANTEE YOU SPACE, UNTIL IT IS CONFIRMED WITH YOU FROM THE BET KNESSET
Also, due to security measures, the Entrance will be through the back only.
1. At present no more than 15 people can participate in a Minyan
2. No one under Bar Mitzvah will be permitted into the Bet Knesset unless with explicit permission from the Rabbi/President.
3. At this time we will not be able to have women in the Bet Knesset. We hope this will change soon.
4. If you are between 60-70 please consult your doctor to get clearance before coming to Bet Knesset. No one over 70 can come to Bet Knesset at present.
5. No one will be able to enter the Bet Knesset without a mask. Masks should be put on prior to joining the minyan and should be kept on at all times while davening, fully covering the nose and mouth. Masks may not be removed until after you have left the minyan and are not around other groups of people. (In addition, the current law in LA county is that masks must be worn while at all times even while outside.)
6. Once entering everyone is required to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or at least sanitize their hands.
7. If you have a preexisting condition you should consult your doctor, and perhaps not come to Bet Knesset.
8. If you are not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms you should not come to Bet Knesset.
9. Everyone is encouraged to bring their own Talitot, Siddurim and Chumashim.
10. No socializing in or outside the Bet Knesset .
11. No Food or drink should be brought into the Bet Knesset.
12. Only the Baal Koreh will touch the Torah and will get to do Petihat Hechal, Hotza'at Sefer Torah and Hagbaha at least initially.
13. At present only people who are registered and up to 15 people will be allowed to come to any specific minyan.
14. It has been determined that the people who attend minyan on a regular basis will be accommodated first. However, if there are enough people we are willing to create a second minyan in a different location or at a different time.
15. Upon completion of Davening we ask everyone to clean their area with provided cleansers and exit the building without congregating in or outside the Bet Knesset.
16. We respectfully ask everyone to be there on time, to enable us to progress in a timely manner and avoid unnecessary exposure to others.
We join you in expressing our endless Hakarat Hatov to Hakadosh Baruch Hu for our health and continue to daven for help in navigating this difficult time. Hashem should accept all of our tefilot